Friday, January 18, 2013

A little less full

It's hard not to compare pregnancies and find similarities and differences.  For me, the early symptoms were the same.  This time around, though, the constipation, that feeling of low blood sugar, and the heaviness feel a lot worse.  Sadly, I think after almost 8 years, I've probably forgotten or blocked out what it was like.

One good thing is that I feel in much better physical shape than I did for N.  My weight is further down and my sugar levels very near normal.  And for the latter reason, I feel the sugar lows a lot more often this time around.  I notice in the morning especially that if I sleep in, I get a little queasier because of lack of food.  And the times I've taken the bus with something in my stomach I definitely feel less queasy than when I go on an empty stomach.

One big difference from the last time is that this time, well, I'm going through this pregnancy with a lap band.  It does throw some complications into the mix, as well as my diabetes, but I think it will actually help rather than hinder the process.

Lately though, I've been feeling, well, it's hard to describe, but I guess it's "tight."  Stomach acid comes up a bit at night, funny taste in the mouth keeping me from drinking water, difficulty getting food down, not eating enough made me suspect I needed my band to be a bit looser.  So I went in today to my bariatric doctor here and explained what I wanted to do:  loosen it so I could feel comfortable and eat properly, but not too loose I would gain too much wait or lose control of my diabetes.  So folks, that was the most relieving .9 cc (.9 mL) I've ever taken out of my body!

I realized I was dehydrated because I immediately gulped down 4 glasses of water.  I think this was a good decision already!  I can even breathe easier!

No comments: