Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Prenatal Appt - Feb 2013

I got to see both an endocrinologist and obstetrician at the same time at my prenatal appointment today.  This is something that would be difficult to do in the US, since you usually see one and then the other.  I think it is a fabulous idea to have an endocrinologist that works with the obstetrics department.

I went with A, and we asked plenty of questions and clarified some doubts we had.  When they [finally] took a good look at my sugar levels (for the first time, sheesh!), they were very encouraging.  The doctors agreed the sugar levels were well within normal levels and that no diabetes treatment was necessary.  At least not yet.  They even mentioned I may not need treatment this time around!  I find it hard to believe I will be able to go through my 40 or so weeks without any treatment, especially at the end, but it's good news!  It means I'm healthier and in better shape this time around.  This appointment put a lot of our concerns to rest.

No comments: